Sunday 7 February 2016

Dash and Miller | Influential Practitioners

Andy Goldsworthy

Goldsworthy has provided me with an additional outlook on my work; as an artist who uses the environment as his medium, he once said

'I can't edit the materials I work with...my remit is to work with nature as a whole.' 
Nature Rainbow - Andy Goldsworthy

I want to try my hardest to maintain the art which is found in nature and translate it closely into a woven fabric. 

David Foster Nass

'Urban Nature' - pinterest
David was a photographer I discovered recently and I was instantly fascinated but the stark contrast between manmade and nature. Why is there such a contrast? 

His work made me question whether it was possible to find a way to combine the striking elements found in both nature and architecture to create a fabric. 
Bosco Verticale

'Bosco Verticale' is a pair of residential towers situated in Milan, designed by Stefano Boeri, Gianandrea Barreca and Giovanni La Varra. The concept was to design a building which housed trees to help mitigate the smog and produce oxygen, whilst also eliminating the 'eyesore' image which buildings can often be labelled with. 


Bosco Verticale - flickr


This piece of architecture has helped prove to me that when combining nature with urban properties, the outcome can often be very beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment